Have you wondered what the most popular resolutions are for 2017?
Top 10 New Years resolutions for 2017
Source: Statistic Brain / Survey : 1,129 paticipants
1. Lose Weight / Healthier Eating 21.4%
2. Life / Self Improvements 12.3%
3. Better Financial Decisions 8.5%
4. Quit Smoking 7.1%
5. Do more exciting things 6.3%
6. Spend More Time with Family / Close Friends 6.2%
7. Work out more often 5.5%
8. Learn something new on my own 5.3%
9. Do more good deeds for others 5.2%
10. Find the love of my life 4.3
11. Find a better job 4.1%
How many people do you think successfully achieve their NYR’s by the end of the year?
The statistics are shocking; only 16.3% of people over 50 achieve their New Year’s resolution each year.
Yet, before you throw your New Year’s resolutions out as a lost cause, consider this; people who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t explicitly make resolutions
So what makes it so hard to change? It seems that setting a resolution once at the beginning of the year and expecting it to stick through the rest, is simply not a good strategy.
Rather than a one-time resolution, to create lasting change, we need a revolving system, one that we return to frequently to set, re-set and schedule our goals.
That is why I created the WHEEL template (Weekly Habit Exchange Exercise List) and use it myself to keep creating a Lifestyle Revolution, not just a New Year Resolution.
A Lifestyle Revolution is a constant process of choosing what kind of life is desired each week.
Here is a template hat you can use to create your own Lifestyle Revolution.
How to use the WHEEL Template:
- Fill out the 3 ESSENTIAL AREAS of your life that you want to create changes in this week. (Example : 1. Health 2. Finances 3. Relationships)
- Write down 3 things in the (+) column for each Essential Area that you want to ADD to your week (actions, decisions, etc)
- Write down 3 things in the (-) column for each Essential Area that you want to REMOVE or REDUCE from your week.
- Fill out the dates for the Month and the Days of this week.
- Schedule the things that are actionable into your weekly calendar. (If things aren’t actionable like “less complaining” simply set an intention for a situation where this action might come up and choose to complain less.)
- Choose an Affirmation that you will repeat to yourself each day.
Affirmations are like seeds, they are small, but if you nourish them, they can grow powerful and fruitful.
Aim to repeat your affirmation 1,000 or more times per day. The more you experience joy and excitement as you connect to your chosen reality, the faster it will come to be.
Please enjoy and share with someone you love.