Scott Anderson created Alignment Yoga after years of teaching and seeing where Westerners consistently miss out on the full benefits of yoga.
It is built on his extensive knowledge of anatomy and his studies with various yoga masters through the years.
In this interview, you will find out:
– Scott Anderson’s story
– How he developed Alignment Yoga
– What are the risks of yoga?
– What cues should we toss out the window?
– Why we should stop telling students to square the hips in many poses
– What is non-dual philosophy in yoga?
– Psychological student teacher relationship
– What is joint laxity and why is it a risk for yoga practitioners
– What is “embodiment?” and how do we practice it?
– Brighton Score – check your Joint Laxity
– What is the difference between Joint Laxity and flexibility?
– Difference between short “intensive” teacher trainings and long ones.
– How to find a good program for your teacher training
Nate Guadagni is the founder of Bo Yoga®, a rapidly growing wellness system focusing on making mindful movement accessible to more people.
Wisdom 101 : Practical, Inspirational Interviews
Wisdom 101 distills the wisdom from health and wellness leaders, environmentalists, authors, speakers and teachers.
Become energized, inspired, and more mindful with each episode.
Wisdom 101 : Episode #8
Courage by Ingmarlo and DJ Taz